The Cook Islands Investment Corporation (CIIC) is looking to employ a GM Corporate Services / Chief Financial Officer. CIIC is a statutory Corporation of the Cook Islands Government. CIIC was established through the Cook Islands Investment Corporation Act 1998 to manage Crown assets including Government land, buildings and interests on Rarotonga and the Pa Enua (outer islands) together with the governance of Crown enterprises (subsidiaries, associates, State Owned Enterprises (SOE’s) and Crown Corporate Entities (CCE’s) on behalf of the Crown.
The GM Corporate Services / Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the oversight of the accounting, finance, administration (including contract management and procurement), HR, communications, information system, legal advisory and Board secretarial functions. The role reports to the CEO. This position is expected to operate as a senior executive member of the Corporation, working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Board. The position is also expected to work collaboratively with the senior management of the Corporation, state-owned enterprises, subsidiaries and other shareholdings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting and preferably have full CA membership or equivalent
- Extensive working experience in senior management positions (across finance and broader corporate functions) in the public sector and/or commercial sector
- Strong strategic focus with demonstrated achievements in developing and implementing strategy
- Strong ability to assess and analyse financial and non-financial performance information and provide advice accordingly
- Experience and familiarity with working in the Cook Islands Government system or small island economies
- Highly developed communications skills and exemplary character
A full job description for this position is available upon request by email to email@example.com and can also be obtained from the CIIC website https://www.ciic.gov.ck/
Any persons interested in this position should address their application to:
Cook Islands Investment Corporation
P.O. Box 51
By post or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications received prior to 4.00 p.m. 12 February 2021 (Cook Islands’ time) will be considered. Applicants should provide a full CV including at least 3 references with contact details and a covering letter outlining their strengths and weaknesses relative to the key responsibilities and competencies of the position.