CIIC is the Secretariat for the Cook Islands Government Infrastructure Committee (IC)
The duties and responsibilities of the IC include:
- Analytically consider capital proposals as submitted by crown agencies through the budget process administered by MFEM.
- Consult with stakeholders to gauge their views or opinions. This may be done so through different mediums such as direct engagement, official interviews or through the IC secretariat.
- Considerations will be made in accordance with national medium to long term strategic goals.
- Members of the IC provides management, governance and external opinions to build and strengthen capital proposals.
- The IC is also responsible for ensuring that accounting, financial and risk management strategies are appropriately arranged for the success of any capital proposal seeking support.
- The IC considers matters that have a significant and long-lasting effect of infrastructure on service delivery and our community.
The composition of the Infrastructure Committee is as follows:
Chairperson – Michael Henry of Aitutaki (Private sector/community representative)
Vice Chairperson – Ben Ponia, Chief of Staff, OPM
Diane Charlie–Puna – Secretary, ICI
Garth Henderson – Financial Secretary, MFEM
Malcolm Sword – Private sector/community representative
Sam Brown – Private sector/community representative