Mr Michael Henry
Mr Philip Hermans
Mr Mark Short
Mr Kris Van Nijen
Mr Tamarii Tutangata
General Manager: Mr Eusenio Fatialofa
The CIIC Seabed Resources Limited (CIICSR) is a Corporate Crown Entity and was established under the Companies Act 1970 on 02 November 2017. The Cook Islands Government, through the Cook Islands Investment Corporation (CIIC), and Global Sea Mineral Resources (GSR) entered into a Framework Agreement in 2013 with regards exploration for and possibly harvesting of Polymetallic Nodules in the Cook Islands licensed International Seabed Authority (ISA) area and the Cook Islands Exclusive Economic Zone. Further dialogue ensued while GSR incorporated a branch in the Cook Islands (GSR-CI), and a formal JV Agreement (between CIIC, GSR and GSR CI) was entered into in July 2016.
To Matou Orama
Akara matatio atu, e te rave I te au angaanga te ka anoano ia no te taangaanga I teia minera e te au toka mekameka mei roto mai I te oonu agan o te pae koropini CCZ, e te pa moana Kuki Airani. Kia rave ia teia angaanga ma te tamanamanata kore I to tatou Aorangi e te moana nui, kia riro te reira ei puapinga ki to tatou oraanga ma te akamatutu atu I te turanga o to tatou basileia.
The exploration and harvesting of deep-sea minerals (polymetallic nodules) within the Cook Islands claimed area of the CCZ international waters and within agreed areas of the Cook Islands EEZ, acting in an environmentally responsible manner, where creates a transformational shift to the Cook Islands economy with sustainable returns to all shareholders.
Performance in 2021/2022:
- Staffing and Capacity Building through corporate governance professional director training program and the governance portal – Diligent Board Books
- Developed a CI National Building Program for CI nationals
- CIIC Seabed Minerals Limited was granted an Exploration License by the SBMA Licensing Panel
- Preparation and planning for the CCZ and EEZ offshore campaigns with scientific partners and execution of an offshore campaign
- Employment of training of Cook Islanders in line with the CI National Building Program that was developed